Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Israel Pilgrimage 7- The Rooster Crows

 

It always takes me a few days to fit together

 all of the pieces from a trip to Israel.

I use this small Bible from 

Zondervan as my travel Bible.and journaling.

Journal-Testament-Pocket-

This section is from John 18:19-28- 

when Jesus was with Caiaphas the high priest.

These ancient steps date back to the time of Jesus

 and may have been the very steps

 he walked up to the house of Caiaphas.


A church stands here to mark the spot of Peter's denial, 

the crowing of the rooster 

and where Jesus spent part of his last night.

There are a couple of caverns, pits, or holding cells 

where Jesus may have been dropped down 

while they waited to "deal with him."

Always a moving spot to read Psalm 88.

                             I have visited this place and the 

Church of St. Peter of Gallicantu seven times. 

The time frame has been early morning, late morning, 

and late afternoon.  Each time 

while I stood by this statue, I have heard the rooster crow.

  This rooster may be strategically placed 

to be near this spot, but I am reminded nonetheless.

I can remember my frustration as a young believer 

that Peter just seemed like he couldn't get things right.

Now, I am reminded how much I am like Peter.

How many times I need forgiveness

 for failing to be a witness for Jesus.

How many times I was silent 

when I could have spoken up to bless His name.

How many times I have been offered 

grace and forgiveness and restored.

This reminder happens for me now- 

anytime and anywhere- I hear the rooster crow.






             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.