Saturday, April 30, 2022

Worship into the Week- It's About Time

 

Worship into the Week-

Revelation 1:4-18- Greeting to the Seven Churches

and Vision of the Son of Man

The God of time- all time- 

before time and into infinity.

How do I even begin to understand 

the concept of what he wants the whole world to know- 

when I live my life as if I have all the time in the world?

The Revelation of Jesus to John and the Seven churches

 has taken on new meaning since our return 

from our Footsteps of Paul tour this past March.

We visited Ephesus, Smyrna, Sardis.

(blog posts to come)

The ancient Greek word translated Revelation

 is apokalupsia- apocalypse.

The word simple means- a revealing, an unveiling. 

The book of Revelation is the 

Revelation of Jesus Christ in the context

 that it ALL belongs to Him.

Jesus is the one doing the revealing. 

Jesus is also the one being revealed.

 The whole book pivots on Jesus as the center.

I have always loved this phrase- 

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, 

who is and who was and who is to come, 

the Almighty."

Whenever I am fretting about time-

 and I often think it's about time- 

this sentence allows me to take a deep breath.

Somehow when I rest in this 

framework of time- all is well.

Supplies:

Visual Faith Ministry Printable

vcy-graphics-only-april-2022

Worship into the Week Printable

worship-into-the-week-april-2022

Magazine cutouts

Watercolors

Distress ink

Washi tape




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.