Sunday, July 24, 2022

Summer in the Psalms

 

I have been hanging out with the Psalms
a bit more this summer. 

I am following along with a some directed reflection

 with Visual Faith® Ministry prompts. 

 But, I tend to be in a rather organic process

 with just what is on hand.

I love to reuse resources and here are some 4 by 6 

tabbed manila index cards that have collaged paper 

from collected greeting cards- with an added psalm.



I  also love to use some of the Versicle images 

that are downloaded for Free at Visual Faith ® Ministry

 in the Shoppe. They can be colored in for prayer time.

 But, the images by artist Carla Kramer 

are lovely just as they are printed in black and white.



I also like to collect free Scripture Verses
 offered on the internet

  or sometimes they are "Thank Yous" from a blogger. 

 Here is a collection of Psalm verses. 

Once again these are paired with recycled greeting cards.



A favorite way to spend time with a Psalm

 is to read several versions and connect to phrases 

that stand out in my prayer time.

This becomes a Visual Divina Lectio process. 

This may take me several days to complete.


             
I use a complimentary color of Distress ink
 on the edges 

of the tabbed index cards to make the project

 a bit more cohesive since it is so random. 

I love to use old card catalog drawers for storing them.

This drawer is filled with just Psalm verses.

I can set the cards out on a shelf, 

on a window ledge or any other place I might spot

 a verse during the day. 

Time to take a moment to whisper a prayer, 

recall God's goodness

 and give thanks for His Faithfulness.

You can find the Versicles Here:

Collection=Versicles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.