Sunday, April 9, 2023

Lenten Journey 2023

 


Lenten Journey 2023

This year I used the Lenten Path calendar 

from Visual Faith® Ministry. 

2023-lenten-path-o-sacred-head-now-wounded-by-ann-gillaspie

It came with some reflection words for each day.

Ann Gillaspie, the author and creator of this resource, 

 provided a pathway to document the journey 

with a small drawing, doodle, or a few words.

I decided to meditate on the included words.

The hymn- "O Sacred Head Now wounded" 

was the inspiration 

for following the words that remind us

 of the passion of Jesus Christ.

I used my standard 4 colored pencils for coloring

 and decided on a subdued palette of color for this year. 

I chose about 5 patterns of doodles

 to repeat through the path.

On this Easter Day I am thankful 

for the time of reflection, the recorded story

 of the journey, and the legacy 

of the project to review in years ahead.

Jesus in Risen! 

He is Risen indeed!

Alleluia!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.