Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Worship into the Week- Repent and Believe

 

Worship into the Week-

Jonah 3:1-5,10

Repent and Believe

I think as I reread this story I was captured with -

"the word of the Lord came to Jonah."

Trying to imagine what that would

 have been like for this man.

How do you escape that? 

What do you put in place to ignore it?

When is it feasible to simply run away from the request?

Perhaps I have thought Jonah's response was pretty foolish.

Then, I am reminded about the fact of my own ignoring,

 failure to "hear, or "about face" movement.

God is willing to go to all lengths to get my attention.

 Disease and failure might be my own wake up call

 to repent and believe.

This certainly ties into Psalm 62:2.

"He alone is may rock and my salvation,

 my fortress;

I shall not be greatly shaken."

Supplies:

Visual Church Year Printable

vcy-graphics-only-january-2024

Worship into the Week Printable

worship-into-the-week-january-2024

Magazine pages

 Colored pencils

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.