Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Moving into 2024

So moving into 2024 has been sorting piles 
and reorganizing and making space
 and making better use of space.
Giving away and Green Drop.
I came across a Keep the Faith project 
with the sentiment above written out 
on a little slip of paper.
 
Our family had been going through
 a particularly rough patch that fall.
God was doing great work.
We just couldn't see it at the time.
Always remember to date 
your notes on the journey.
It is hard to remember all the bumps and detours
 in our spiritual life struggles.
So my prayer for the New Year?

Dear Lord, 
help me to continue to see the new things.
Even when I don't really want the growth and
edges shorn smooth.
Let me trust that you are making all things new.
You will bring this good work begun in me to completion.
 It is YOUR faithfulness that I celebrate.
I thank you in advance for all
 the blessings to come in 2024.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.