Saturday, April 13, 2024

Resurrection Tulips

 

About 2 months ago I found a large container
of dirt in the carport storage room.
At first I didn't know what it was from,
 and then I remembered a beautiful tulip gift last spring.
Unfortunately, I also remembered that I was going
 to plant the bulbs last fall.
That didn't happen.
So I know that bulbs need a time of cold storage
 or cold in the ground to bloom.
So, I decided to do the experiment of pulling
 them out and setting them in the sun 
and began to water them.
Nothing for a couple of weeks.
  Then I begin to see green sprouts emerging.
I kept watering the container and large buds appeared.
We were gone the first part of this week for a conference
 and came back to these gorgeous large blooms. 

What had seemed dead was certainly alive now.
Such an appropriate story for this Easter season.
I had almost thrown the container out 
since it looked like there was no life.
What a wonderful reminder of what our own life 
looks like when we are separated 
from the life of the Son
 and being feed by Living Water.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.