Worship into the Week-Genesis 50:15-21
Joseph Reassures His Brother
Jacob returns to Egypt after the burial of his father.
Now his brothers are fearful for their future.
They remember their deeds.
They expect payback.
They ask for forgiveness and throw themselves at his feet.
Joseph responds, "Don't be afraid of me.
Am I God. that I can punish you?
You intended to harm me,
but God intended it all for good.
He brought me to this position
so I could save the lives of many people.
No, don't be afraid.
I will continue to take care of you and your children."
only as a gift from God.
The pain caused by another person
does not need to determine our future.
Remember who the ultimate judge is in the world.
Vengeance and payback don't belong.
When we remember all the hurts done to us,
we "try" people over and over
in the courtroom of our hearts.
It is time to dismiss the cases.
Only God sits on the bema seat of judgment.
He freely gives mercy for us.
We can't ever undo a sin.
Christ stood as the condemned one.
He reaches out to us this hand of great mercy,
that we may extend it to others.
Forgiveness is a continuing act of return
to Christ over and over again.
Remember- this gift is for YOU- for ME.
Vicar Jung
Supplies:
Visual Faith Printable
Magazine Cutouts
Colored Pencils
Postage stamps
Distress ink


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.