Friday, December 4, 2015

Invitation Gift- Advent 6


Seems extraordinary sometimes 
that this humble babe 
becomes on my part- a simple act of trust.

What invitation lies for me each day?
To lay aside my plans,
 and be the hands and feet 
you need me to be- O Lord.

"Your heart is so full of the 
desire to love me, 
so aflame with a fire to warm me. 
You so much want to give me home
 a sense of belonging, 
a place to dwell, 
a shelter where I feel
 protected
 and a refuge in which I feel safe. 
You stand at so many squares and corners
 of my life and say with so much tenderness,
"Come and see come and stay with me."
Henri J. M. Nouwen

This invitation is 
truly one of the blessing gifts of
Advent-
belonging, dwelling and 
shelter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.