Friday, January 25, 2019

When the End is a New Beginning

 I came to the end of a journal
 at the end of 2018. 
Full- no pages left.
2,770 days of counting gifts.
Started in August 2011.
That was to be the one year experiment.
Imagine my surprise-
when something is so far off your horizon,
you can't even picture what 2, 4, 7 years of 
a spiritual discipline practice might look like.

 Another journal has been the gathering of 
Prayers by the Month.
Actually that began in Feb 2011
 and has included a couple of different journals.
So I sat them on the shelf-
these old friends.
I have made another journal
 to start 2019 and combine 
both practices in one journal.
This was the solution that a team of
 Millennials came up with for a retreat awhile back.
Sounds good to me.
Think I would have started out
 that way but hadn't designed the 
Prayers by the Month as a practice
 that worked for ME yet.
 I will keep these old journals close by--
 for within the pages of Living Eucharisteo
are the highs and lows and blessings
 right in the middle of messy life living.
Since I have a diagnosis of Spiritual Amnesia 
and forget the gifts from the Father- 
one week or one month ago,
pretty sure I can't remember 5 years ago.
But, the testimony will be there.
For that I GIVE THANKS.
So time with those journals has ended,
but I look forward to the new beginning.
Even though I might need
 to revisit them once in awhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.