Saturday, January 19, 2019

Scripture Writing Plan

 Doing a mid-month check-in with 
the Scripture Writing Plan 
that I started the first of this month.
Good news?   
I am still on the plan.  
That's always a good thing for me as all things
 start as an experiment to see if "this works for me"
 and "if this works for me- this way."

I downloaded the plan from
Sweet Blessings. 
january-scripture-writing-plan-psalms

I decided that it was working for me in the
 Traveler's notebook format 
and I would use this set up
 since it travels with me easily.
 I have not done a Scripture Writing Plan 
before with a theme like this- 
a look at the I WILL statements in the book of Psalms.
I think it is meant to be the 
study of Our response to God
rather than the I WILL statements of God. 
 There might be a couple on the list 
that would lean more to God's actions rather than ours.
But, overall I am happy with the focus
 this is arranging for me.
I have had to use multiple translations
 to format the I WILL phrases but Bible Gateway
 has been helpful with that part of the process.
I decided in the beginning 
to use one color of colored pencil
 for the date, one for the Psalm reference 
and then another for the I WILL statements. 
 This has helped me to keep my place.
Then I felt for "my best learning plan"
 I also needed something 
to help all of these statements- stand out a bit.
So a small piece of scrapbook cardstock 
with the I WILL statement
 written out keeps the impact focus for me.
Always good to evaluate 
how a time of connection 
is working in my spiritual journey.
Mid-month thought?
 I need to pay attention to these- 
I WILL-responses. 
There are many and varied responses
 to all that the Lord has done for me.
He always initiates.
We respond.
And even that has to be 
with the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.