Thursday, February 21, 2019

The Extravagant Love Cruise-2

Sometimes you just 
don't know how life gets sliced.
I don't think I would have been able
 to put together
 the opportunity to go on a cruise 
with a daughter and a sister.
Part serendipity- all blessing.
Then you add in my co-hort
 in and out of trouble- Pat.
A great grand mix
with all sorts of long-time and new friends.
Then celebrated MY Birthday on the cruise.
 Now I can say I went on a cruise for my birthday.
I am sure we were celebrating my birthday
with those beverages.
 The server at our table also had 
the same birthday so we cheered together.
The evening dining was slow and pampered. 
I even figured out how to do the cruise 
with my new life as celiac and going gluten-free.
                                                          (photo Pat Maier)
Our dining level overlooked this tier 
and that chandelier made me 
have more than one Titanic thought.
We had custom-made days off the ship 
with made-to-order skies,
 warmth and breeze.
The brilliant flowers flung
 the Winter doldrums far away.
It was amazing to scoot by another ship
 docked in Jamaica as we set sail. 
I will not complain about parking again.
I also loved how easy 
it was to find your way back
 to the Independence of the Seas.
Even I didn't have to ask for directions.
Daughter Sara helped with technology.
A phone call
 from hubby John who called-from Myanmar
(previously Burma)- for my birthday,
taking selfies and keeping us on track
 for our schedule and the internet.
There is just something about island life.....
And what fun to share in faith...
when the Christian ladies 
overtake the Ship's Top Floor Bar.
Thank you Lord, for the opportunity
 of another amazing life experience.
What a blessing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.