Monday, March 4, 2019

Lent Scripture Journal

Going back in the archives here
 to share a Lenten practice 
that appealed to me 
because of the simplicity.
Just a 6 by 81/2 blank spiral journal.
think I just had it on hand.
We were in the middle of an overall
 in the basement and my studio things
 were packed up and not too available.
It was the week after Lent 
and I felt I just needed to be the THE WORD.
This was pre-Pinterest so I just was working
 with my own creative flow here.
I started out reading the book of 
Corinthinans and simply adding in passages
 that were meaningful to me.
I made copies from my collection of 
Vintage Easter cards as a visual divina focus. 
 I used a basic circle image to draw- 
sometimes called a mandala.
Because of the connection to 
Hindu and Buddhist teachings
 we call this patterning a Circle Tangle.
It is simply a geometric repetitive pattern 
drawn in a circle shape.
 I wasn't practicing my lettering, 
or choosing any colors by 
keeping with the black ink pen.
I was focused on the Scripture.
Claiming it to heart.
What started out as a Lenten practice-
 kept right on going after Easter,
till I filled up the whole journal.
Still one of my favorite 
Lent practice experiments.

And for a bit of light-heartedness in Lent-
 here is the link for the YouTube video
 of this Lent Scripture Project-
 done in QuikStory.
Lent Scripture Project



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.