Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Enduring Word Bible-Sufficient


Enduring Word Bible - #46

2 Corinthians 12:9
Paul's Visions and His Thorn

We don't know what the thorn was for Paul.
He states that it was significant enough
 to keep him from becoming conceited
because of the greatness of the revelations.
It is hard to understand just what a messenger
 of Satan could be for Paul.
"a thorn was given me in the flesh"
Paul pleaded three times with the Lord to 
remove, take it away.
But the Lord said to Paul-
"My grace is sufficient for you,
 for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Paul saw this as a way to 
give credence to the power of Christ.
He pledges contentment with weaknesses, insults,
 hardships, persecution, and calamities.
"For when I am weak, then I am strong."

So many days it seems that I am so weak.
Even with the strength of Christ, 
I still feel weak.
But, then I am reminded that anything
 of strength and goodness is not of me-
 it surely must be Christ.

Lord, may I remember that in all ways
and at all times that my power
 is made perfect in weakness
 because of Christ.

Supplies:
Enduring Word Bible
Washi Tape
Colored pencils
Fine-point Sharpie pen











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.