Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Here and About- Galesburg, Illinois

The important thing to remember 
when traveling about from state to state--
with an intended place for adventure-
write it down.
Somehow I had the name Geneseo in mind.
As we drove through this small Illinois berg-
 I realized my mistake.
So- on to the next G town.
Galesburg.
Well, it was getting late -
so this is where we got a room
 for the night and decided to rest up 
and explore a bit in the morning.
Our meal at the local redone Packing House- 
was good and in an interesting venue.
The Packinghouse Dining Co
There were some places that fit the bill-
like the A Word- Antique.
The Junk Drawer 
was well organized and fun to poke around.
Found a vintage Star Wars item 
on the 50% off shelf that will go in
 the Christmas stash for a grandson.
The Junk Drawer

Loved these signs made from license plates-
Saylor's Sign.
Now I have the contact person
 to make these for all of the young boys.
In travels around I have found -
Hey Jack! and Charleston.
  That took care of one family. 
Now for the rest of them!!!
A newer spot but right next door
 was the Attic Antique Shop-
also clean and organized.
Attic Antique Shop
All of that made us thirsty- 
 so on to the Beanhive
 for a good cappuccino.
BeanhiveCoffeehouse
Oh---- to not be gluten-free.
 I tried to explain Instagram
 to a couple of shop owners---
the free marketing part- you know.
Not sure that is gonna happen.
As we drove out of town,
 I finally remembered the name of the town
 I was hunting for-
Galena.
So guess that is NEXT TRIP.
 Adding the photo of the cards 
so I have them when I can't find the cards.
Oh- this memory stuff is no joke!
So if you are in the Illinois area and need a G town-
Galesburg isn't all bad.

2 comments:

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.