Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Blue Ridge Respite

 On the way back from a conference today
 and we went off the beaten path
 and the direct way home.
We could have rushed down the highway
 to the beat of whiz past miles-
 but we slowed a bit.
 We started out on the Blue Ridge Parkway
 out of Roanoke, VA.
We stopped at overlooks and got out.
A short Sabbath respite at the end
 of a packed couple of weeks.
Time to just breathe.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.

Psalm 23:1-2
Hear the rushing water.
 Notice ripples dissolve and gather again.

He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
    for his name's sake.


       Psalm 23: 2b-3
Mark the many shades of green.
 Watch a butterfly taking a bit of rest-too.
It might be Wednesday- 
but it was much needed Sabbath rest.
Oh- give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.