Saturday, July 6, 2019

Worship into the Week- The Cost

Worship into the Week- 
The Cost of Discipleship
Luke  9: 57-62
Just following along with Jesus.
Conversations about the plan to be with Jesus.
What does it take? What does it cost?
Some answers seem a bit harsh from brother Jesus.
Do you have what it takes? 
This God became God-man.
The Word became flesh- 
giving up heavenly realm to 
live with us on earth.
A lowlier life than the birds with a nest.
No place to call home for Jesus.
The message was too important to spend time
 with house and upkeep.
Drifter life, pull up stakes, on to the next town.
 But, I am reminded how many times
 I have questioned the life, looked back, 
and wondered about the path I was on.

My prayer becomes:
"Lord, make me worthy and strong enough
 to be a part of your plowing team.
Make me stand out from the work of the world. 
And when I fail-
set me on the path again, 
and again." Amen

Supplies:
Visual Church Year Project Resource
childrens-bulletin-luke-958-63019
Magazine cutouts
Junk Mail
Watercolor



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.