Monday, July 8, 2019

When I Lift Up My Eyes

A long time and dear friend
 died this past weekend.
She had suffered from 8 years of dementia 
and then recently a cancer diagnosis.
She know wears a crown of the faithful sojourner-
and I imagine that Phyllis
 has sparkles added here and there.
A clergy couple
 is facing challenging days
 with a cancer diagnosis.
Very aggressive, no cure, 
non-operable, and metastasized.
Hard days. Hard days.
They had traveled to Israel 
with us a few years back.
Delighted to be in the Holy Land.
We just don't know the future of our days.
Health changes.
Life gets altered.
Hardships arrive.
Some days I can only lift up
 my eyes to the hills-
 read Psalm 121 
and pray this over these dear families.

My Help Comes From the Lord


lift up my eyes to the hills.
    From where does my help come?
 
My help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot be moved;
    he who keeps you will not slumber.
 will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade on your right hand.
 
The sun shall not strike you by day,
    nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all evil;
    he will keep your life.
 
The Lord will keep
    your going out and your coming in
    from this time forth and forevermore.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.