Friday, July 26, 2019

Praying Through A Convention

Sometimes when you are a "Guest" at a Convention
 it is a bit challenging to stay engaged.
The time together lasts for a week with the inclusion
 of the pre-convention floor committees that meet.
But, we came armed and dangerous- to Tampa, Florida, 
with ready to go Bible verse prayer cards,
 colored pencils and sharpeners.
We also brought prayer cards right
 from the Visual Faith Ministry website.
Wives gathered from the Council of Presidents 
and the Presidium 
of the Lutheran Church- Missouri Synod.
Simple, doable prayer practices 
that helped us with long days of sitting.
The cards and coloring help us to pay attention
 and deal with distractions as we spent some time in prayer.
As I began a prayer card, I asked the Holy spirit
 to show me who to pray for at this time.
Within five minutes, I got a text that a friend
 had just learned of the sudden death
 of her 19 year old niece and asked me to pray.
When I began the next card, I repeated the same prayer,
and once again, in a very short time,
 I was sent a text asking me to pray.  
A friend of a daughter had just had her baby-
 the cord was wrapped around its neck, 
and the baby was blue and unresponsive.
I don't always have such a quick of a response to:
"Whom shall I pray for?"
This was certainly a time
 when the Lord brought swift answers.
However, you manage long periods of sitting,
this works for some of us. 
We all gave thanks for this blessed time
 to sit and be together, 
and cover a small piece of the Kingdom in prayer. 
 God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.