Saturday, September 7, 2019

Worship into the Week-Be Humble

Worship into the Week
 Luke 14: 7-11
The Parable of the Wedding Feast
That humble part?
We can identify it pretty easily 
when it isn't working for another person.
A bit more challenging to see
 the markers for ourselves.
There is such a human tendency
 for "top dog" behaviors.
Jesus saw the need for reminding his followers
 about the character trait.
And he could speak to the issue.
He traveled by lowly methods, without fanfare,
 and kept 
his eyes looking toward Jerusalem.
How easily it would have been to begin
 to love the adulation of the crowds.
Dear Lord,
When my efforts go unnoticed, 
and without acclaim,
help me to rest in the transformation 
of the work of the Holy Spirit
 to make me humble- like Jesus.
May I live in peace knowing that in God's time,
God deals out the equality measures.
Help me to only compare myself to Jesus.
Amen.

Supplies:
Visual Church Year Resource
childrens-bulletin-luke-1020 
Watercolors
Magazine cutout
Junk mail
Washi tape
Colored pencils
Fine-point Sharpie pen





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.