Saturday, October 31, 2020

Worship into the Week- Truth and Freedom

 

Worship into the Week-
The Truth will Set You Free
Reformation Worship

John 8:31-38

Jesus is speaking to the Jews who had believed him.

1) Abide in my word

2) You will be my disciples

3) You will know the truth

4) The Truth will set you FREE.

But, they hold that they are offspring of Abraham.

5) Everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin.

6) If the Son sets you free, you are free indeed.

7) My word finds no place in you.

8) I speak of what I have seen with my Father.

Jesus was trying to help them to see 

that when we obey God's Word

 we grow in spiritual knowledge.

  As we grow in spiritual knowledge,

 we grow in freedom from sin.

These unbelieving Jews claimed

 to never have been in bondage- 

seemingly forgetting the rule of Rome

 they were under and the captivity

 under Assyrian and Babylon.

The worst kind of bondage is when

 we don't even see it and remain as a slave.

 Jesus explains the difference between 

spiritual children and fleshly descendants. 

He was trying to help them see the spiritual experience

 of salvation that would save them- believing in HIM.

It was their pride that got in the way.

How might my own pride cause me

 to not see where I live enslaved to sin? 

Time to pray about that....


Supplies:

Visual Faith Ministry Printable

childrens-bulletin-john-831-102520

Watercolors

Washi Tape

Magazine cutouts 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.