Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Crossing Seasons

 

Celosia and Lilacs.
Blooming at the same time.
Never happened before in my garden.
Normally we would be moving fall 
into frost and freeze.
  That is on the way.
I have never set out a vase
 of lilacs with my pumpkins.
The lilac bush has been struggling 
and actually lost most of the leaves.
But, on a yard walk I spotted 
some tufts of lavender blooms.
In October.
After the middle of October.
I am thankful and grateful 
for this uncommon blessing.
Lilacs are a favorite 
and they bring my JOY.
Celosia and lilacs- 
certainly a sign of Amazing Grace
Nestled with vintage books
 and it is a perfect thing.
I have a habit of sleeping with the lilacs 
bedside when they are in bloom.
So, I will keep that standard of behavior.
Even in October.
Especially in October.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.