Sunday, October 30, 2022

Scripture Scribing

 

There are always new offerings at Visual Faith ®Ministry 

inviting people to spend more time in the WORD.

I assess my own IEP- Individual Education Plan 

to see if something meets the way I connect and learn.

Also, how does it fit in with the practices I am already doing? 

Do I need to delete something to try something new?

First of all, the month is set up to work
with 12 sections of Scripture a month,
not the usual 30 or 31.  
That seemed more doable.
I made an envelope journal with 14 large envelopes,
hole-punched and connected with three O rings.
I labeled  them 1-12 with a couple 
extra for the index card supply I decided to use.
I wrote the theme for the month- Worship-
on each card with the assigned section
of Scripture and numbered them.
I placed them in the envelope and the month was ready.
But, I am always in the remedial class.
Sometimes one time isn't enough to jar my memory.
I decided to simply use a Journaling Bible
 that is pretty empty and also scribe the verse
 or verses right into the margin of the Bible.
I have set up a M,W, F rhythm.
Easy to get caught up if I get behind.

Generosity was the theme for October. 

I set up the whole month at the beginning.

That works best for me- to be ready.


I am ready and set up for November.
The theme is Thanksgiving.
Each month comes with a short Bible 
reflection for each Scripture selection 
written by Carolyn Bira.
It is a free resource you can put in your cart,
download and print right here:

/scripture-scribing-thanksgiving-by-carolyn-bira

Won't you join me and try Scripture Scribing?

Join the practice in the way that works for YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.