Saturday, February 25, 2023

Worship into the Week- Ash Wednesday

 

Worship into the Week- Ash Wednesday
Psalm 51: 1-19
Create a Clean Heart in Me, O God

We come with our list of realities: 
transgressions, iniquity, sin, evil.
But that isn't the end of our story.
You replace all of that with a new washing, 
making clean, and a restoration.
I have grown up with this passage as liturgy:

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, 
and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from your presence,
 and take not your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and uphold me with a willing spirit."

It speaks to my spiritual formation 
and I appreciate the recentering 
for this year's Ash Wednesday 
and the beginning of Lent 2023.
Supplies:
Visual Faith Printable
Worship into the Week Printable
Watercolors 
Distress Ink
Colored  pencils
Magazine cutouts
Gelatoes 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.