Friday, February 3, 2023

Worship into the week- God's Gifts

 

Worship into the Week-
Matthew 5:1-12
The Sermon on the Mount
The Beatitudes
These few verses of Scripture turn the world
 of the followers of Jesus upside down.
The Kingdom of heaven was not a gift
 held out only to the pious,
 righteous religious leaders,
but to the lowly and outcast.
Jesus lifts up things like mercy, peace, pure in heart,
the meek, the persecuted, and the reviled.
Yesterday I stood on this very same hill (probably) 
by the Sea of Galilee.
Listening to these controversial 
and "against the culture"
 of the day words.
 Jesus brought hope to the crowds of people.
These same words bring me HOPE.
So many times I might feel 
down and out, when am I going to get a break.
But, then and there.... I can't do it myself.
I need Jesus.  In the very lowest of the low spots,
He steps in.
The Kingdom Comes.
The Mount of Beatitudes- Israel
Adults huddled here listening to every word-
 nearly 2000 years later.
As I read the words slowly, carefully, thoughtfully.
They speak right to me- even today.
Jesus is near.



Supplies:
Visual Faith Printable
Worship into the Week Printable
Prismacolor Pencils
Vintage Stamps
Gelli Print


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.