Saturday, January 28, 2023

A Picture of Forgiveness

 

I was sorting this week- 
emptying out folders, 
and came across this lovely drawing.
 I think this may be the story of 10 grandchildren
 in my house and 8 of them rambunctious boys.
There was the finding of a broken bowl last summer
on a visit and a few questions were asked by parents.
It was not reported initially 
and it took some parental help for the story.
There are many things stored in "Gigi's back room",
so that doesn't help in a wild game of hide and seek.
But, the part I love about this drawing 
is that these parents were able to use words 
and a visual image to help two young boys
 tell the story of brokenness.
Words and the images here
helped them come to Gigi- tell the story, 
state remorse, (maybe for being found out),
say- "I'm Sorry" and ask for forgiveness. 
 Then they were covered with the words of absolution- 
"I forgive you. We are good."

That is what we all need to hear 
from our Heavenly Father,
"I forgive you. We are good."
We also all need to remember our brokenness 
and only in Him are we ever whole again.

Perhaps when we need to ask forgiveness 
from another person, or our Heavenly Father,
 it would be helpful to sketch out the brokenness.
Then draw the picture of our renewed "made right."

As long as I am able to wrestle these troops,
 they also have to put up with the "made rightness"
of 14 kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.