Saturday, February 24, 2024

When the Story Blesses the Kingdom Number 12 #becauseofconcordia

 

We may not always know where we are headed when we graduate from college. It is fairly certain that every student who attended CUAA stood at this point off the Chapel of the Holy Trinity and gazed out onto the Huron River from this vantage point. Wondering about life ahead. Choices. Challenges. People. Jobs. Relationships. Callings. Those answers came as the days moved forward. The strong tie that binds is the shared common experience of time on this campus. Uniting the classes from last century to the current class of 2024 is this trusted plan that the Lord carries all the yesterdays and all the tomorrows. We give thanks for that great gift.


When the Story Blesses the Kingdom

Linda Sproul


The most important people in my life, past and present are 

#becauseofconcordia. I received the best Lutheran education from 

professors who cared for me like family. (and still do even 32 years

 later) I found my lifelong friends and had the greatest experiences 

like choir tour and the Boar's Head Festival. My husband daughter are

fellow alums. It was extra special to me to serve CUAA for 5 years as 

director of donor and alumni relations.


Working with our fellow alumni was the highlight of my years on staff, Being Lutheran

my whole life and in church work for the past 30 years, I tend to know a lot of our 

alums. No matter what year they graduated, CUAA truly is the tie that binds since we

all share such similar college experiences across all decades!  It was an honor and 

privilege to help the classes of 1969-1973 celebrate their 50th reunion on campus 

with meaningful worship and friendship activities. It was like 50 years years hadn't 

gone by at all! These are some of the most generous people I've ever met. Each 

class has established their own $25,000 scholarship endowment!  Our alumni treat 

each other like family, because we are! 


We do not want to be "reimagined." 


I urge everyone to do whatever it takes to keep CUAA as we 

know it today. We must continue the legacy of a Gospel focused invitation

 to share Jesus with all people, and raise leaders for tomorrow.

Christ first in everything!



Linda Sproul

Class of 1992





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.