Friday, February 9, 2024

An Imitable Life

 

Working with this question
 in some Discipling Huddles these days.
It is a formidable look at my own life
and actually a bit scary to think about on 
any given day.
"Imitate me as I imitate Christ."
1 Corinthians 11:1
Paul reminds us of who we follow. 
He points out just who we are 
being conformed to in likeness- Jesus.
Am I moving closer 
to the cross or farther away?
Do my actions more and more
 reflect the heart of Jesus?
This transformation only happens 
with the work of the Holy Spirit in my life.
I can't will it or make it happen by my own power.

Thank you, Lord for being in charge 
of this amazing journey to shine bright in the world 
as a reflector of the face of Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.