Saturday, September 11, 2021

9-11- 20th Anniversary

 

Worship into the Week-
 James 2
The Sin of Partiality
If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, 
“You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” 
you are doing well. 
Faith Without Works is Dead
1But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.”
 Show me your faith apart from your works, 
and I will show you my faith by my works.

In this week leading up to the Anniversary of 9-11,
 I was spending time with these verses.
When lectionary readings fit time and space
 of current events, it is always time to sit and see for a bit.
How we see our neighbors-
 to love them as ourselves.
Works must follow faith.
It is time to set aside the things that separate us.
These 20 years- what have we learned?
We need the Lord's help- still.
To learn to love our neighbors as ourselves.
 Lord, have mercy.
Lord, have mercy.
Change our hearts.
Let my faith be shown in my works.
Amen.

Supplies:
Visual Faith Printables
Worship into the Week Printables
Colored Pencils
Magazine cutouts
Fine-point Sharpie marker


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.