Monday, September 20, 2021

Psalm Summary- Psalm 30


Psalm  30 Summary 

I had stepped away from this practice
 for a couple of years.
That happens- things go in cycles.
Then I had a strong nudge to come back yesterday.
It is just an 8 1/2 by 11 journal
  that is set up with wine cork circles added with stamp ink.
Then it is no longer a blank sheet of paper.
I usually read it in multiple versions, 
as well as my usual ESV version.
I set down to the task with prayer for the
Holy Spirit to  point out special passages
 for me to PAY ATTENTION to as I read.

The lettering takes a bit of time as I find 
phrases that seem to jump out from the reading.
Sometimes, I add the same phrase in from multiple resources.
So, it was over two years
 since I had sat down to do a Psalm Summary.
As I was working on coloring in the phrase-
 Joy Comes in the Morning,
a song played on the Christian radio station
 with that phrase while I was coloring.
Joy Comes in the Morning.
It strikes me on this side of amazing- 
that in all the things God was busy with yesterday, 
there was this fine tuning in my life.
Let me say this again...
In the exact moment, I was coloring this phrase,
 the song with that phrase plays on the radio.
Sometimes, I think that all the years 
of practicing Visual Faith have helped me
 to SEE more and HEAR better.
I sure don't want to miss
 all the things He continues 
to plan and work out in my life.

You DID IT-
turned wild lament into
whirling dance!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.