Sunday, October 21, 2018

Enduring Word Bible-Possibilities

 Enduring Word Bible - #31
Mark 10:27

So how do we measure 
the challenges we face
with an unlimited God with unlimited means?
This section of Scripture ties together
  the story of the rich young man, 
the cost of discipleship, 
the weight of wealth and 
and a God who does not 
measure scope like we do.

Where we have given up, 
dealt a situation as a "done deal", 
or decided that the effort isn't worth the risk, 
God has the set of options we can't even fathom.
Perhaps, I won't "risk" because I just
 can't imagine seeing a worthwhile
 outcome in my own prescribed time line.
What if it was never meant to be 
something that I see the end goal?
What if my "yes" or movement 
"for such a time as this" will be blessed, 
but not in my life time?

Dear Lord, 
move my heart to action- 
even when I can't even imagine the possibilities.
 "For all things are possible with God."
Let me rest assured, 
that my salvation has been worked out
 in the divine sacrifice of Jesus.
This possibility God gives a gift to me,
and for every other human being, 
even when that just doesn't seem possible
 in my own way of thinking.
May others see this Possible God, 
through His works in me,
and the story I tell of His goodness.
Amen.

Supplies:
There was a full margin on this page,
 so I made this margin into a "tip-in."
Added a piece of yardstick
 and added it in with wash tape.
Printed margin- Visual Church Year-
October 2018 - Lectionary B Margins
Colored pencils

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.